Location: Career Tech Center
Start Time: 4:30 p.m.
This event is open to all students K-12 within the TBAISD. Students will compete in teams consisting of 1-5 students against their peers. For teams more than 5 people, please contact Drea Weiner for consideration.
Design a 3D printed car that fits within the requirements:
- Design must have at least 3 wheels.
- Cannot be wider than 2 3/4″ wide and must have up to a maximum 30% infill. There is a shell limitation of 2 shells.
- The car body must fit on the build plate in one print.
- The height of the gutter for this competition is 3′.
- No additional weighting of 3D material is allowed.
- Must be entirely 3D printed, adhesive materials allowed if necessary.
- Must be 100% STUDENT designed
- You are allowed to look for ideas online but you must include inspiring pictures and models (from Thingiverse or similar websites, books, magazines, etc.) in your engineering notebook.
- You are required to keep an engineering notebook that documents your team’s design process to present to the judges. This documentation should be a working document. Items included:
- Pictures from inspiring designs, ideas, etc.
- Website links used for inspiration
- Articulate your decision making process
The FINAL registration deadline is: 3/1/2016.
The early registration deadline is: 2/10/2016.
To register complete the online form and be sure to add your parent/guardians email. Your registration is not complete until your parent/guardian sends the 3D Printing PLC a reply to our confirmation email. Please have your parent/guardian check their spam folder or contact Drea Weiner if they haven’t received a confirmation email. Early registrants will receive a portion of the track to test your car. Register here.
If you have any questions feel free to contact: